The Local Food Movement is growing, and you can be a part of it!
If you’re passionate about creating community spaces, learning new skills, and helping local producers transform their local or organic products into sustainable sustenance, join us at the Coop du Grand Orme in Ste-Anne, where we run an ethical, collectively-owned and -run eco-local store and café!
Our Coop is a busy little enterprise which can offer you amazing hands-on experience in running an ecologically-oriented retail and food operation. We have seasoned business and agricultural professionals in our core team whose experiences provide a wealth of insight into both the day-to-day and visionary aspects of eco-entrepreneurship.
We have two volunteer positions available: one for a part-time cashier in our retail operations (5-8 hours per week), and the other for a part-time organic cook/barista in our certified kitchen (5-8 hours per week). We would offer full training for both positions. Both positions have the possibility of becoming full-time paid positions in the summer.
You must have the following:
- good communications skills (social fluency in both French and English)
- passion for the environment
- leadership skills
The following are assets:
- knowledge of the ACOMBA accounting system (cashier)
- experience with Point-Of-Sale systems (cashier)
- prior work barista or cooking experience (cafe)
- prior work experience in a coop
- an understanding of coop principles and democratic decision-making