ORGANIC SEA SALTED PISTACHIOS
Harvested and part of the Middle Eastern, central Asia and Mediterranean diet for centuries, pistachios have their own particular health benefits. Excellent for a low calorie diet, pistachios are an excellent source of good fatty acids that help to reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase good cholesterol (HDL), which is essential for heart health.
Excellent concentration of Resveratrol an anti-aging antioxidant, its flavourful taste and vibrant colour makes it a beautiful nut to add colour to your cooking. Lightly sea salted to enhance its naturally sweet flavour; our pistachios are a perfect on-the-go snack!
The pistachio tree is native of Central Asia but it was the Romans who introduced it to Europe in the 1st century. Wild pistachio trees still grow in the North-East corner of Iran and Afghanistan.
Organic pistachios and sea salt
Nutrition & Benefits
- Excellent source of copper and very good source of manganese, pistachios help defend the body from free radicals
- Excellent source of vitamin B6, pistachios help maintain optimal immune health
- High amount of protein and essential minerals such as manganese and iron, pistachios help with tissue regeneration and maintains good bone health
- Good source of dietary fiber, this nut helps prevent cardiovascular disease and controls type 2 diabetes
- Contains unsaturated fatty acids, pistachios help lower bad cholesterol levels in the blood
- Sea salt contains 70 different essential minerals for the body that help reduce cholesterol levels and maintains optimal heart and bone health
Raw or roasted, pistachios can be enjoyed in sweet and salty recipes. Add them to puddings, stuffing, veggie paté, pastries, curries and tagines!
Did you know?
Pistachios grow on trees and its first nuts will only appear when the tree has matured 7-10 years.