ORGANIC SHREDDED COCONUT, FINE 1kg
Survival food of choice, coconut provides our bodies with essential nutrients. Heavenly delight, this sweet dried coconut meat has high amounts of iron, manganese and copper which are excellent energy sources for the body. Blood sugar level stabilizer, coconut’s legendary health benefits also include blood cholesterol level stabilizer and helps rapid wound healing inside and out. Anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-fungal, this immunity boosting food is an excellent addition to a healthy lifestyle.
Discover our sweet and delicately flavoured shredded coconut from Sri Lanka. Slowly sundried to expose its fragrant and exotic flavour, our coconut is different from dried coconut you have purchased before. This sumptuous southern nut will make you experience tropical heat at home! Add to any recipe to increase your fiber intake.
The origin of the coconut is actually a controversial topic. Many believe that the coconut palm tree originated from prehistoric islands in the Pacific Ocean. In India the coconut palm tree is known as kalpa vriksha, which means “the tree that offers all that is necessary to life”.
Today, coconut oil can be found in many body and hair products. Massaging the scalp with coconut oil is an ancient tradition in India; it protects and thickens hair. Coconut oil is also used in Tahiti’s monoï making which consists of soaking Tiare flowers in coconut oil. A truly fragrant oil! Finally coconut oil is used in soap making as it provides soap’s foaming action.
Nutrition & Benefits
- Important source of dietary fiber, coconut helps regulate the digestive track and helps control Diabetes type 2
- Contains Lauric Acid an anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-fungal
- Excellent source of vitamins, minerals and electrolytes, such as potassium, calcium and chloride
- Contains short and medium chain triglycerides that provide energy for the body and is not stored as fat in the body
- Excellent source of copper and manganese, coconut helps build the immune system
- Good source of selenium, this nut protects your body of free radicals
- Good source of phosphorus, coconut plays an important role in maintaining optimal bone and tooth health